pathways for applying
Please read the School of Nursing application instructions carefully.
Because we serve an interprofessional student cohort, there are several pathways for applying to the program. If you don't see your clinical discipline represented below, feel free to be in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you find your application pathway.
Master's/Doctoral degree completed
MD/DO, APP, MSW, MDiv are our most common applicantslearn more
Bachelor's degree completed
BSN are our most common applicantslearn more
Current UW Graduate/Doctoral student
DNP students are our most common applicantslearn more
- Two letters of recommendation: (providing their impression of the applicant as related to the following criteria: clinical competence, teaching and supervisory potential or ability, personality and integrity, and potential for leadership and professional development) with the 2 recommenders from the following options (Recommenders will receive email prompting them to submit online recommendations for you):
- clinical recommendation from current clinical supervisor
- clinical recommendation from a peer or previous supervisor
- academic recommendation, such as one from a clinical, class instructor or preceptor
- A statement of purpose indicating why you are interested in the School of Nursing Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care and how will you use the training in your daily work. Please include the preferred track/campus for your in-person workshops participation.
- UW School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Electronic transcript of all post-secondary schools (unofficial, if legible are accepted).
To be considered for a partial scholarship, please complete a program application and scholarship application by July 15.